Friday, July 1, 2011

St Augustine - Confessions II

"A mental midget
I've written reviews of this book before. They keep getting deleted, so if you want to know what I think of this book, please e-mail me."


"There is a lot of knowledge to be taken from these pages, if you're willing to suffer through them."


"One interesting story on the depravity of man was prior to Augustine's salvation he lived next to a peach orchard. On his way home he would always still a bushel for himself. The worst part was HE DID NOT LIKE PEACHES."


"oh Catholicism, you are so wrack with thought like this..."


"Required college reading. Weird, just weird."


"This has got to be by far the worst book I have ever read. There is no way to follow a continum to the story. It is merely a collection of religous philosophies that I will never again refer to and absolutley refuse to reccomend"


"Is there an option for zero. The worst I book I have ever read. He contradicts himself in his points, hoovers over stealing pears (and other evil things) and puts me to sleep. I don't see how this piece of garbage could make anyone a saint, it should be burned. ZERO STARS."


"Written in a way making understanding difficult."


"If he and his friends had only taken a bite they would have found out one of the world's great truths: the sweetest pear is the one you didn't have to pay for!"


"I am a Christian and appreciate all the good quotes and God loving of the book, but he just doesn't keep the reader interested. He talks about one thing or person and then jumps to another without finishing his original thought."


"The writing was very vague and a great deal of the vocabulary was way over my head. Most of the time I had no idea what I was reading. I felt like I do when I watch one of those artsy-fartsy movies and I just stare at the screen and have no idea what message is being sent."

No comments:

Post a Comment