Thursday, July 7, 2011

Soren Kierkegaard - Fear and Trembling

"Fear and Trembling. The title sounds good. However, do not be fooled."


"Well, I thought this is another book of the shelf of the people who get philosophy seriously; but never thought geniusly on philosophy and its problems! People that read books just to quote something for their girl/boyfriend!"


"Either I'm not very smart or he's not a very good writer."


"I could only plow through a page and a half at a time to get to some point he made that I disagreed with. Too much work."


"Abraham is the greatest, says Kierkegaard, and 'the highest passion in a human being is faith'(Kierkegaard 144). This is wrong."


"Much like Nietzsche in that it made me sad to see so much extraordinary thought wasted on Christian morality. Can't wait for this era to end. ugh."


"The messages within the book are very interesting and enlightening, but it takes a lot of thinking and concentration to pull them out. Not good"


"I'm not going to lie. I don't understand it... yet. But hopefully soon I will. Very interesting since it is trying to understand Abraham's actions in the bible, which are so very sparsely described. I'll let you know if I ever figure out what the hell Kirkegaard is trying to get at though...

Update: Nope, never figured it out."

No comments:

Post a Comment