Friday, February 4, 2011

Cervantes - Don Quixote

"My rating on this book is misleading, not that I have read the book, but I have perused. It is written in Old Spanish and hard to understand. I am not prepared to give the book the time I would need to exploit it."


"midevil night tales. not humorous."


"I definitely concede that Cervantes is a good writer. Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s good enough to recommend the book."


"My impression of this book was that it would end differently then it did."


"I probably won't get past the first few pages since a synopsis told me he ends his life a 'sane, but broken man'. Literature is great, but I would rather not stick this one out for the ending."


"Half-way through the novel I wanted someone to kill Don Quixote to end the 'adventure' - he deserved it ... Quixote's most famous 'adventure' is when he charges a windmill, which he believes is a giant. Yes, he charges the windmill and the sail, predictably, knocks him off his horse. Yeah, that's it"


"My conception of the quixotic dreamer is someone who has the courage to dream big, in spite of the nay-sayers of the world. I was surprised to see that Cervantes did not share my sympathy for dreamers- it was obvious he felt that Don Quixote was simply a fool, and nuts to boot."


"very boring abou the squire, i encourage everybody to no read this boring book, althogh it was pretty amazing"


"The story is written with simplistic language and boring sentences. It also covers difficult topics including 'A boy of about fifteen was tied to a tree, naked from the waist up. He was being hit with a leather belt by a man'."

No comments:

Post a Comment