Wednesday, May 2, 2012

George Berkeley - Three Dialogues Between Hylas and Philonous

"I'm sorry. I just can't do it. If this wasn't a mandatory class I wouldn't be taking it. It's just sooo ugh. I just don't understand how philosophers can be sooo entranced by such questions. I can't imagine being troubled about how a rock that's hot doesn't feel the pain of heat but we (touching the rock) do. Really? To me, that's just logical. As sad as it is, I just can't come to appreciate philosophical questions. If I see it, can touch it, smell it or whatever, it's there and it exists. Period."


"BERKELEY IS LAME."


"My ultimate reaction to Berkeley and most other stuff in this philosophical vein is 'Yeah... So?'"


"George Berkeley is an exemplary example of why philosophers are known as crazy ... Claiming that there is no matter and everything we see is perception is unlikely to get you any brownie points."


"Three Dialogues Between Hylas and Philonous is a Dialogue between two pretentious philosophical nitwits, discussing flatuence, food, and the nature of empty air.

In all, it's not very important, and only goes to prove that George Berkeley was a deluded immaterialist."

No comments:

Post a Comment