Thursday, August 23, 2012

James Baldwin - Go Tell It on the Mountain

"james baldwin sucks. if anyone understands his bs, lemme know."


"the black english dude?

here's what i have to say to him (even though he's dead): james, get over yourself. there is no such language as 'black' english damnit. english is a language."


"It is not a difficult book to read, because the vocabulary is not elevated. As a reader, I prefer books with a high vocabulary. When I was reading I was not challenged and that added to my discontent with this novel."


"Many adjectives send you in many directions looking for the theme. I still don't know what it is."


"Maybe this book just was not right for me, but I really would not recommend this to anyone who has a cheerful personality. The reader has to enjoy thinking about and pondering ideas in a book"


"I was shocked by the amount of sexual material in a book focused on Christianity in the African American Church. It is weird to be reading about breasts in the same book where a lot of the plot takes place in a church."


"A shame the author had such bad experiences that he felt he had to share them in this way. The ending should be glorious and hopeful, but instead I found myself wondering and doubtful for the poor young man. Too, too bad."

2 comments:

  1. I read one James Baldwin book. It was a total piece of nigger shit. If Baldwin was not a nigger, nobody would have read his piece of shit novels. I did not know until now that James Baldwin was GAY NIGGER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FUCK YA HE WAS A COCK SMOKING MALT LIQUOR FRIED CHIGGUM EAT'N NIGGER.

      Delete