Wednesday, August 15, 2012

J. D. Salinger - The Catcher in the Rye III

"I don't know why everyone tells you to read this book, IT SUCKED HUGE."


"I think that he is a spoiled child, because he called a prostitute and then he only talk with her. In a few words, this is a book without sense for me or for everyone that is a normal person."


"I am very open minded when it comes to literature (I even read through Mein Kampf without any objection) but I just hated this book!"


"It is, perhaps, a 'classic' in the sense that Britney Spears is a 'star.' ... I also suspect it is autobiographical, and so do not blame Mr. Salinger for the book's lamentable lack of any literary merit. I fear, rather, that in the writing of it he simply could not help himself."


"I hate this book. There is absolutely no point. It is so monotonous and tedious I'm about to pull my hair out. Luckily, I only have about 40 more pages to go. If I wasn't so OCD about finishing books, I would've chucked this one a looooong time ago. I seriously don't get what all the hype is about with this book. Just because it was controversial (ie. language, loose sexual references) in 1945?!?! ... Booooooo to this book!!!!"


"who cares about this guy who hates society or whatever. boring. like i need a book to tell me what's wrong with society. maybe this book is good for disillusioned teens who can't think for themselves ... RAGE AGAINST THE LITERARY MACHINE!!!"


"for something that has been touted as one of the greatest novels ever written it sure is a tough read!"


"For years I had heard it was a CLASSIC. What a joke. The only thing that kept me reading was the HOPE that it somehow would get better, sadly it NEVER did. This book can best be described as an exercise in INANE DRIVEL."


"The language Holden uses is recognizabel from TV and rap music because he swears a lot."


"He reminds me of my little bratty sister, that just deserves a big slap in the face"


"The things Holden does aren't very realistic, which 16-year-old boy would hire a prostitute in stead of visiting his mum who lives a few blocks further? I think Holden is a sick person"


"The intire book is one big lie, none of it is thrue and therefor reading this book is a useless thing to do."


"Catcher In the Rye should not be a classic novel. I strongly suggest looking for a different book that doesn't constantly refer to Prostitution and loneliness."


"ALMOST RUINED MY REPUTATION.
THIS BOOK WAS HORRIBLE. I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL AND WE HAD TO READ IT IN ONE OF MY ENGLISH CLASSES. WE WERE TOLD THAT PEOPLE WANTED TO BAN IT AND I TOTALLY AGREE. HOLDEN WAS JUST THIS LOW DOWN DEPRESSED PERSON THAT ALWAYS FELT SORRY FOR HIMSELF. PLUS THIS BOOK HAD TOO MUCH BAD LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTENT IN IT. I'M NOT THE TYPE OF TEENAGER EVERYONE THINKS ABOUT. I DON'T SWEAR,DO DRUGS OR SLEEP AROUND. BUT WHEN I READ THIS BOOK, I FELT LIKE SWEARING BECAUSE THE WORDS WERE CARVED INTO MY MEMORY."

No comments:

Post a Comment