Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sophocles - Oedipus at Colonus

"I did not like how Oedipus was treated ... Oedipus was treated bad making his life miserable. I was against this idea of fate controlling a person's life; the play was basically about acknowledging the god and the kingdom. The entire play used the oricle as a foreshawod and irony which I found interesting."


"I began the Theban plays with Antigone in 1998 as a freshman in high school and now, 13 years later, I have finally finished them all."


"difficult to understand because os the elevated style of writing and the old-english language. The book also has very taboo themes."


"too simplistic for me ... I expected to be challenged when reading Sophocles. I'm guessing that this was written at a middle school reading level."

No comments:

Post a Comment