Monday, March 5, 2012

F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby V

"Love it brilliant truths! One of my favorite gatsby stories."


"I felt that the author was trying to impress me with his prose rather than tell a story or describe his characters. Although his writing received great rave reviews from most people the old song about the 'King's New Clothes' comes to my mind."


"This is supposed to be an American classic? Personally, I've read better children's books then this."


"Truly, I know this is a American novel. This book to me, got boring really fast. The book didn't describe all of the characters enough, and I feel that if a book wants to be a good one, it should describe the characters."


"Supposedly a classic I couldnt agree any less. This is one of those things in life that pretentious people rave about when actually if you look at it without the rose tinted glasses its just average. The pretentious people rave on about it being an insight into that time in American history and blah blah blah!"


"This book totally confuses me i'm supposed to do an art project on it and i have no idea what to do. The book had so many drags, why did the author use his symbols. What happened really at the end? And can some one give me an art project to do/"


"This book was very difficult to get into. After the first few chapters it is probably an okay book but I didn't get that far. That is all I have to say since I only read the first few pages of this not-so-interesting book. My advice to you is if you have a short attention span then don't read this book, but if you like to be bored then this is the book for you."


"horrible
no understanding"


"As far as I am concerned the storyline is as deep as the hairs on my father's bald spot are long and about as interesting as watching paint dry in the rain."


"My main complaint is about the writing style: it is written in a way that excites English teachers, and bores the rest of us (everyone I know [rather inteligent high school students with a slant twards math and science)"


"I know the secret behind this book
The secret is: the author was a drunk. Had I not been forced to read this book in school, I would never have finished it, and I've read a lot of dull books. I've read a lot of classics, but this is probably the only one I think is not worth the effort. Frankly, I'm still wondering why it's a classic; there's nothing to it. So Gatsby's not what he seems, so he gets shot, so Nick's a homosexual, so what? Is there anything worthy in this book? Anything at all?"


"It's sad when a good author can't write well"


"Once upon a time there was a brilliant little boy named Swixer.
Swixer loved books, he'd read them all the time.
But as he grew older, his taste in books matured too and so, the brilliant little boy discovered classic literature.
He read Of Mice and Men, A Clockwork Orange and 1984! He read Othello and A Streetcar Named Desire and Brave New World!
But the book he loved most of all was The Great Gatsby.
He read the book and admired it, taking it wherever he went, talking about it to friends.
But then he met another little boy who was called Hassan
Hassan loved Gatsby also and talked about it with Swixer all the time.
He talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked
Eventually, Swixer tired of his incessant ramblings and requested that he take a break.
Hassan did not like this.
He did not like it.
Hassan killed Swixer later that night with his own copy of the Great Gatsby, using the sharp edged paper to slit his throat.
And, from that day forward, Swixer would be doomed to wander the Earth, seeking a way get revenge on Hassan and finally rest.
He is SPAWN."

No comments:

Post a Comment