Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Epic of Gilgamesh III

"If it were my type of book then I may have liked it."


"This epic poem is certainly exaggerated"


"all of the things that happen are impossible. there is no way that they actually saw gods. personally, i didnt like this book"


"LOVE GREEK MYTHOLOGY"


"written in very old style English."


"It felt like I was reading the world's first soap opera script ... Warning: the behavior of most characters is pretty skanky."


"I wish I could give this book 0 stars. I don't really know what the point of printing this book was; half of it was unfinished anyway. Extremely pointless and incomprehensible. Also the most repetitive book ever. You could skip half the chapter and still only be at the beginning of the book. Didn't really understand any of it and I'm glad to be done with it"


"teacher claimed it was 'shit literature'."


"There just didn't seem to be anything going on here: man is born, slays enemy, searches for meaning, dies."


"As with most things (comedy,drama, movies, plays, music, etc.) my/our tastes change over time and it takes more, or better, than the last to stimulate us. I keep telling myself that anyway. For example, thousands of years from now someone may feel the exact same way about (insert favorite book here) as I do about Gilgamesh. Hard to believe, but I'm sure mental and creative stimulation will be on a whole new level."

No comments:

Post a Comment